Our first recipe was a hit so instead of a post for Holy Sweet Cache we decided to put up another cacher friendly recipe.
WARNING: This Recipe did harm Unicorns!
Why would you make something that takes so much time and not give it a unique name? Ted and I are probably the best Jerky makers this side of Redwood Road and we are happy to share our protein filled snack that cachers love… with you!
- 5 pounds thin cut steak, the least expensive, Jerky was originally the left over meat, so don’t spend a lot
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice/lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons of black pepper
- 1/2 bottle of Kushiro Ginger Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 table spoons of Smoked Liquid
- 1 tablespoon of Lea and Perkins sauce
Everyday turn bags for 4 days. Once 4 days arrive, take strips out and place on smoker with wood chips of choice. Leave on smoker trays for 8-12 hours then turn. leave on smoker for about 4 more hours. Once removed, package.
Enjoy this healthy treat on the trail! This treat will please and is one of our top 3.
Happy Caching…We are on day 24 of a cache a day! WOW even in an ice storm. We are caching on! We hope you are. Enjoy this snack on the caching trail!