Where: At or very near the posted coordinates (address for the non cachers 1060 S 900 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84104)
Why: Snap a picture and Sign the event log.
- Game cards handed out in return for a White Elephant Prize donated to the prize table. Come and go as you please!
- Geocaching Poker Run Begins. 7 unique temporary caches to find!
- Organized outdoor games for kids and family in the park.
- Poker and Card Games at the Pavilion: played with geocoins, travel-bugs, trackables, pathtags, etc.
- Sign the Event Logbook. Barbeque Pot Luck Barbeque at the Pavilion (You only need to attend the BBQ to log a find on this event) .
- Tie Breaking contests. Poker Run White Elephant Prizes awarded.
- CITO around the park and along the Jordan River walkway
I think MadamButterfly sums it up best with her note on the event page:
“Make new friends and greet the old. Bring kids, dogs (on a leash), a white elephant, something for the pot luck, and come prepared to have a ball! There will be something for EVERYONE at this wild and crazy event! When Railroader921 and Madambutterfly1822 get together, we pull out all the stops to give you a good time!!! The setting is a lovely park and spacious picnic pavilion, covered in case of rain. Along with a yummy pot luck BBQ picnic, there will be plenty of family activities, including a playground for the kiddies, beach volleyball, a softball game, Frisbee toss, pin the GPS on the Froggie (Signal, of course) and face painting. But the BEST part, of course, will be the Poker Run! 7 different kinds of caches await your discovery! This will be a BLAST!!!! Find and stamp your card for all seven and collect your poker card hand. Then, make the best hand you can by trading swag, bartering, bribing, or any other means you can think of. Chances are you may win a funny, fabulous white elephant prize! Of course there will be time for discovering geocoins and Travel Bugs and Don't Forget your Camera! FUN, FOOD, CACHING AND FRIENDS....What more can you ask for than that? Please join us! It won't be the same if you're not there. Help us plan better by remembering to log in your RSVP. Tell us how many are in your party and what side dish you'll bring. You might want to bring along some camping chairs if the picnic tables fill up and a table cloth.
List to bring: drinks, meat to BBQ, side dish, swag for trading cards, ball mitt (opt), white elephant, camp chair, and an expectation for lots of FUN!”
Balkamper13 & I will be there helping out and we want to see you as well. We will post pictures here for those of you that live too far away. So make sure you log a will attend and plan on a day of amazing fun, when Railroader921 & MadamButterfly1822 team up…the results are unlike anything you have seen before!
Make sure you leave your comment so you will be entered in the 101 Devil Caches giveaway. There will be 7 posts in 7 days and you must comment on each, you can find them under the contest tab.