For the Love of Bugs! Travel bug Workshop

GC45EW3
event023
Balkamper13-Cacheseekers!-Madambutterfly 1822
Life has finally  given me a few moments to catch up on blog posts. So sorry it has taken so long, I think you will find this event post was worth the wait.
02-16-2013 Herriman Library, Utah GC45EW3
event040
This event had a library cache style hunt, caches hidden near by, crafts, resurrection of MIA travel bug numbers, collaboration of cachers finding a holy sweet cache, friends, creativity, prizes and above all FUN! The prizes ranged from Movie tickets to energy for the cacher and GPS (Granola bars & Batteries.) As the event was under way the prize table kept growing; thanks to cachers donating prizes. Thank you to all that donated.

event04
The cache style hunt through the shelves of the library was a blast. Groups from 6-10 set out to find books related to caching and travel bugs inside of the library. The clues were printed on old school library check out cards and the cachers had to look at the clues and gather information the return cards with answers. One group won a prize for each member of their group.  .event0011
event06event0012
While the hunt was going on so was the resurrection of travel bug numbers gone missing. Many cachers sent some of their missing TB numbers into Balkamper13 and he printed replacement tags for each one, the list was over 75 long. We then made kits for each cacher to make to attach to a craft, hitchhiker or something they brought with them.
enent01
After the tags were ready the cachers were in for a special treat. We never knew how amazing hosting an event with MadamButterfly1822 could be until this event. We asked her to help us because she is so creative and puts out the best caches. Little did we know she is also a fantastic event hostess. She showed up with 2 craft projects, basket of hitchhikers, supplies, lessons and an amazing ability to teach cachers how to make pony bead crafts as well as egg shaped crafts. Madambutterfly1822 turned our event into a professional caching event.
event03event05event026
event021event016event020
event022event028
event031
Another highlight of this event was the collaboration of a group a cachers finding an amazing cache inside of the library by Madambutterfly1822 & Railroader. This cache was honored as our first HOLY SWEET CACHE. MomtheCook & CachingHubby are working on a challenge. You must find a cache with 100 different cachers. A large group was assembled and found the cache together. The pictures below show the group collaboration!
event08event09event009
event010
This event resserected about 90-100 travel bug numbers that have gone missing. It was fun to watch the creativity of all that attended. I also loved watching the logs flow in from the caches we hid near the event. Most of the logs were from groups of cachers. I love how caching brings people together.
I had to include a few more pictures and one more thank you to MadamButterfly1822. Thanks to all that attended. I complied the list of bugs at event if anyone wants it e mail me at misstene22@aol.com Nice sized list. Thanks again!
One more thing, I have to admit I stopped my quest for a cache a day. I agree with the BitchyCacher when she pointed out it takes the fun out of it. I had fun at first but then started feeling like it was a chore. I might give it a try in the future but for now I am going to enjoy caching at my own pace. I am impressed by those of you that reach that goal, it is way challenging! I didn’t realize it until I tried it myself.
Happy Caching!
event013event014
event018event025
event027event029
event037
event030event031event032event033
event035event036
event038event039
event040

1 comment:

DJ and Jules said...

I'm impressed with your events you blog about...I will have to make it a point to travel north to one of them one day....we just tend to hang out and eat down south. :)
I have some TB's that need a new life. I tried reviving one of the numbers once...but that TB went missing quite quickly. Perhaps having a new tag will do the trick. THANKS for the idea.
I'm glad you realized that cache-a-day is just not worth it...I will have to agree, but I'm in too deep to end now. 85 more days. I talked with Dr Jay this weekend...now that is a crazy stat.